To read my mom's blog, go here: http://ratiooffailures.blogspot.com

Thursday, February 4, 2010

Mama Kat's Writer's Workshop - An Open Letter to a Cartoon Character

Seeing as this is my first shot at Mama Kat's Writer's Workshop, I decided to select the following prompt:

Write an open letter to a cartoon character. But I'm not much of a letter writer, so I did my message to my character Wakko Warner, via instant messaging (IM).

The Boy (that's me): Wakko, it seems to me that you enjoy going pantsless. Is that true?
Wakko: Yes, it's true. Although I've complained that I didn't wear pants in the show, my brother, Yakko, got the only pair of pants available. And I sure didn't want to wear my sister Dot's dress...so I am without pants.
The Boy: Why did they make the movie Wakko's Wish?
Wakko: This is more of my agent's territory, I'll have to get back to you.
The Boy: Why are you the favorite Warner kid on the show?
Wakko: That's a really good question. I'm the most popular because... no, wait, you'll have to contact my agent for that answer. Thanks.
The Boy: It's great to have talked to you. Can you type your most famous line?
Wakko? Do I have to?
The Boy: Yes, you do.
Wakko: Faboo! Happy now?
The Boy: Yeah, thanks.

That's where our chat ended. He also said that he and his siblings hadn't seen each other for many years, but that they were coming for a visit that day.

He also said they'd been kicked out of the water tower, due to all of the damages they'd caused.