To read my mom's blog, go here: http://ratiooffailures.blogspot.com

Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Hello-o-o-o-o, NURSE (And everybody else)!!

Welcome to my first post! As you can see nothing is up yet. But just you wait! My first post will be about the cartoon everybody loves (Sorry jumpedtheshark.com). From my post title, can you figure out what I'm talking about? Can you see the title? Good! ANIMANIACS!



Who do you think of when you think of this show?

Maybe. Or perhaps...





But anyway you like it, the show had a giant impact on me. Can you say "Innappropriate In-Jokes"? I knew you could. I don't really know what species the Warners are.... But a head writer, a guy named Tom Reuger, said that their species was "Cartoonus Characterus". Now would that also be labeled as "Anthropomorphicus Rabbitus" for Bugs Bunny?

It was kind of like a less appropriate Rocky and Bullwinkle.

Thanks to Steven Speilberg for making shows like Tiny Toons and then the show Animaniacs. Many of the same people worked on both Tiny Toons and Animaniacs, including some of the voice actors.

Rob Paulson who was Fowlmouth on Tiny Toons took the role as Yakko, Dr Scratchansniff and Pinky.

Tress Macneil, Babs Bunny of course, took the role of Dot.

Maurice Lamarche, Who was Egon on The Real and Extreme Ghostbusters and Dizzy Devil on Tiny Toons took the role of Brain and he was Wakko's burp!

Jess Harnell (New guy at Warner Bros.) Took the role of Wakko. If you can really tell, it's a high pitched John Lennon.

Then, it was finally made!

With the famous theme song!



It got cancelled for no reason at all.

But now the person responsible for the terrible cancellation (Not giving out names. Her secret is safe) is disliked at Warner Bros.

And as Yakko says as an inappropriate line is uttered, "Goodnight Everybody!"


8 comments:

Erin IG said...

Pinky and the Brain brain brain brain. Pinky: Gee, Brain, what do you want to do tonight?
Brain: The same thing we do every night, Pinky - try to take over the world!

Good stuff!

The Boy said...

ErinIG, Thank you for my very first comment, and being my very first follower!

Lin said...

Ha ha, I used to love this show when I was a kid. My husband & I randomly quote Pinky & the Brain sometimes too. It's hilarious when I ask "So...what do you want to do tonight?" and his response is "Take over the world" lol...cracks me up everytime!

I read your moms' blog all the time, welcome to the blog world :)

Mama Wheaton said...

The sax player looks like Jay Leno! I remember the one cartoon but not the Pinky one. Maybe they'll bring it back. Nice writing by the way!

The Boy said...

It's Bill Clinton. It's accually Bill "Slick Willie" Clinton.

Why do you think the verse is " While Bill Clinton plays the sax"

Thank you

KMServino said...

My hubby, who is 28, will sing songs from that cartoon all the time. His favs are the states and capitals one. Great writing, sounds like you take after your mom's writing style. Love it!

Evansmom said...

I am old but I remember Pinky and the Brain from when my son was younger. I am looking forward to following your blog.

Jenners said...

I'm probably the worst person in the world to read this post as I didn't have a TV growing up and never saw this show. Sorry!!!! But Steven Spielberg is a genius so I'm sure it was worthwhile ... why anyone would cancel something he was involved in is a mystery to me though.